Please note: This website is currently under redesign
It will remain available until the new site is available but will not be developed any further.
Benefits of the SMQ are:
- Identifies which students to refer for counselling, and the degree of urgency
- Aids counsellors to address individual student’s issues quickly for better outcomes
- Identies which students to refer for pastoral support
- Identies which students to refer for motivational coaching
- Measures over time a student’s improved (or declining) emotional wellbeing
- Provides better resource and time management for the school through targeting
- It’s an online self-service questionnaire with easy to understand results
- It has no external and costly interpretation of reports
- It’s easy to use for students and staff
SMQ has proved an invaluable asset in secondary schools in the UK, South-East Asia and the rest of the world over the last 10 years.
‘As an experienced head teacher, I've found the SMQ to be an excellent tool for identifying students who need extra support. Everyone knows about the obvious ones but the SMQ spotlights those who may slide under the radar - a great help in ensuring that resources are targeted where they will have impact and that students at risk have the best possible life chances.’
Trinity All Through School